Presented by Arts & Humanities Bainbridge, Bainbridge In Bloom draws visitors from around the region and the country. Five beautiful private gardens will welcome you during this popular self-guided tour, and you are encouraged to explore each setting with leisure at your own pace.
Garden owners and docents will be on hand to greet visitors and discuss the many colorful flora and stunning garden and home designs.
Live music will enhance the experience at every garden throughout the weekend. Enjoy a range of sounds throughout the tour, from classical to choral, bluegrass to reggae, strings to woodwinds — all specially selected to complement the beautiful garden settings.
- Waterfront Estate: This welcoming estate-sized garden has been in the family for generations, with a colonial-style home, rolling lawns, a pond and expansive vistas of Puget Sound. A signature hedge is grown from cuttings at historic Mount Vernon.
- Painter’s Setting: An artist’s garden worthy of a Monet, with distinct floral settings oriented around a tranquil pond and footbridges.
- Plant Lover’s Garden: Explore meandering paths through an astonishing mix of native plants and colorful flowers.
- Water Music: A tight-knit garden with orchards, succulents, sculpted beds and art features in an estuarine environment.
- Flowers in the Trees: Flagstone paths lead through meticulously designed flower beds that revel in afternoon sun.
Single-day admission is $30; a two-day pass is $50. Tickets are available at brownpapertickets.com. Admission includes access to all five gardens, interpretive materials, discount coupons to local businesses and more.
The tour runs 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days, beginning at the Bloom Hub at the Filipino-American Community Hall, 7566 High School Road. Check in at the Hub and receive your tour map and the wristband required for admittance to each garden.
Visit beautiful Bainbridge Island for the 2017 Bainbridge In Bloom, and enjoy the island’s many amenities, including fine dining and unique hometown merchants during your stay. Start early and make it a full day — or two!
See Facebook.com/bainbridgebloom for updates and announcements as Bloom weekend draws closer or email bloom [at] ahbainbridge [dot] org for more information.