Tag: craftsmanship

BLOG POST

DIY Candelabra

Add a Little Copper to Your Home with a DIY Candelabra

Copper has been trending in the interior design world, and from the looks of it, I don’t think it’s going away any time soon. It adds the perfect industrial accent to compliment any space. Want to incorporate a fun metal DIY candelabra in … read more

Creative Kitchens
Design|Build 2019A

Creative Kitchens

The kitchen is a cornerstone in any home. It’s where we cook dinner and where we gather with friends and family. Everyone wants a beautiful kitchen, but remember, this is a functional space as well. Choose finishes and materials that will stay on … read more

BLOG POST

kitchen

Kitchen Upgrades that Make the Cut

Kitchens really are home central — it is where everyone congregates and all the action is. It’s no surprise that kitchens (and baths) tend to be the most expensive spots in the house with all the cabinets, appliances and cool plumbing fixtures, but … read more

BLOG POST

Smart Skylights

Smart-Tech Upgrades That Add Value and Function to Your Home

When smart-home technologies first emerged, their purpose was largely for convenience, and operating the devices was often clunky. Today, smart devices seamlessly integrate into connected home systems to make living more efficient, improve home security and even offer advantages for your health. If … read more

Beauty and the Beach

Beauty and the Beach

“Life is Short. Buy the Beach House,” says the sign in the kitchen. It’s a motto this family took to heart. Dan and Shannon* and their three daughters first discovered the joys of life by the water in Indianola, but the beach was … read more

BLOG POST

Tile

Porcelain Tile vs. Ceramic: How to Choose without Jeopardizing Style

When installing tile, there’s the eternal question: Should you go for porcelain or ceramic tile? The answer will ultimately depend on your budget and what your list of pros and cons looks like. And let’s not forget the important question of style — … read more

Transform Your Home
Design|Build 2019A

Transform Your Home — Take it From the Top

The roof often goes without notice, greatly underappreciated for its contribution to protecting your house and family. Roofs only account for roughly 5 percent of the building cost of a home but protect the other 95 percent of your investment from the sun, … read more

Brad Stave — Artist in Wood

Brad Stave — Artist in Wood

Brad Stave was perhaps born to be a woodworker. First off, there’s his name, “stave,” which means a vertical wooden plank that’s attached side-by-side to similar planks to make a barrel, bucket or other container. Then there’s the fact that he received his … read more

Wet Apple Media W3C Valid HTML 5 PCS Web Hosting LLC