“We’re in peak farmers market season with an abundance of juicy, red tomatoes and leafy greens,” says Chef Kevan Vetter of the McCormick Kitchens. “The same old veggie sides and salads can get boring as the summer rolls on, and blending allows you to enjoy produce in tasty new ways — from using kale and avocado in a pasta sauce to a Greek yogurt dressing featuring pureed fresh cucumber.”
Try putting a flavorful spin on a classic summer side with this Greek pasta salad. Blend fresh cucumbers with Greek yogurt, lemon juice and herbs like dill weed and Mediterranean oregano to create a creamy dressing. Toss with cooked pasta, veggies and feta.
Greek Pasta Salad with Cucumber Yogurt Dressing
Prep time: 25 minutes • Cook time: 20 minutes • Serves: 8
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup plain Greek nonfat yogurt
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp McCormick Gourmet Garlic Powder, California
- 1 tsp McCormick Gourmet Dill Weed
- 1/2 tsp McCormick Gourmet Oregano, Mediterranean
- 1/2 tsp McCormick Gourmet Sicilian Sea Salt
- 8 ounces pasta, such as cellentani or gemelli
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, quartered
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
For the cucumber yogurt dressing, place cucumber, yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder, dill, oregano and sea salt in blender container; cover. Blend on high speed until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
For the salad, cook pasta as directed on package, adding broccoli during the last 1 minute of cooking. Rinse under cold water; drain well.
Place cooked pasta, broccoli, tomatoes and onions in large bowl. Add the dressing; toss gently to coat. Top with olives and feta cheese. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.