The Bainbridge Island Arts and Humanities Council invites artists from any geographic location to enter their work for next year’s Bainbridge in Bloom Garden Tour. The 27th annual tour is scheduled for July 10-11, 2015 and is a fundraiser that includes national promotion.
The artwork will be used to promote the garden tour but does not need to be a traditional, literal representation. The council is looking for artwork inspired by outdoor spaces — gardens, flowers, plants, landscapes and seascapes.
Photographs, figurative work, along with creativity in color and abstraction are all welcome.
The artist will retain ownership of the original artwork, but the Arts & Humanities Council retains the right to use portions or the entirety of the artwork image for all current and future marketing purposes.
Deadline for submissions is Friday, Dec. 19
Benefits for Finalist
The chosen artist will receive the following recognition and benefits:
- A press release announcing the selection of the artist and the work.
- Attribution for the artist on the Arts & Humanities Council website; Bloom posters, flyers, event invitations, press releases and other marketing opportunities that arise.
- A live link to the artist’s website included on the council’s website and in any other promotional materials distributed in electronic format.
- Four complimentary tickets to the two-day general admission Garden Tour; estimated value $120.
- Option to donate artwork to the spring benefit auction with a negotiated amount of proceeds to go to the artist.
Artists may submit digital images for up to 10 pieces of artwork electronically or on disc that is mailed or delivered. Artwork must be in JPEG format and include name, title, medium and dimensions.
In addition to the digital images, include in Word or PDF format:
- A short cover letter with your contact information
- A brief bio or resume
- An inventory list with your name, work titles, medium, dimensions.